Crane's Composition Rules
- All assignments will be word-processed in 12-point font and will be double-spaced. If you do not know how to type, it is time to learn.
- Make a copy of all papers you submit. Save all the marked papers for the entire semester.
- Assignments turned in late will lose a letter grade per class period. Being absent is not an excuse for being unprepared. It is your responsibility to determine what was missed and to do the work in a timely manner.
- Some papers will be peer-edited at the pre-writing stage. These strategies are designed to improve your writing skills.
- If you compose at home, do not depend on printing from a flash drive or disk. Sometimes glitches and incompatibilities occur. It is wise to e-mail your paper to your school e-mail account. An e-mail paper does NOT take the place of a hard copy. It is your obligation to turn in a hard copy to the instructor. Only in case of hospitalization or lengthy illness will e-mail copies be graded for credit.
- Please include the following information in a header at the top left corner of the first page of every document you submit.
Name of Class
Date (in this format) 20 Aug 2014
- Please feel free to come by my classroom, Room 203, before or after school to discuss any problems you have. I am happy to stay after school to provide computer time for compositions.