Iola Student Council 2018
STUCO is about:
- Leadership - Supporting the development of student and adviser leadership skills and knowledge
- Service - Helping build a climate of caring and tolerance through volunteerism and service to other
- Student Voice - Promoting student council as the voice of the student body and giving every student on opportunity to be heard
- Engagement - Encouraging students to become involved in school and community leadership and decision making.
- Empowered students are vehicles for positive change in their school and community.
- Student leaders have the responsibility to be positive role models.
- Student councils play a vital role in preserving the knowledge of and practice in the democratic process.
- Leadership training programs are essential to allow developing leaders to achieve their full potential.
- Involvement in state and national programs enhances the local school's leadership development program.
- Student council programs are stronger when all students are encouraged to participate.
For more information about Student Council, contact Mrs. Dianne Kauth.